Search and replace

A couple of months ago, I said:

Remember that cancellation proceeding against the STITCH & BITCH CAFE mark? No? That’s all right, because not much has happened. Discovery was scheduled to close on August 8. The parties requested an extension of time from the TTAB (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board) to November 8. The reason given was that the parties were engaged in settlement discussions (which to my cynical self suggests that the parties probably had some form of settlement discussion, the lawyers were hoping that this would go away, but when it didn’t the parties had to actually had to examine each other’s representatives so they needed more time; so far, no notice of a settlement). The extension of time was granted, which was to be expected.

That should have been November 6; I read the wrong date. Anyway, today I say:

Remember that cancellation proceeding against the STITCH & BITCH CAFE mark? No? That’s all right, because not much has happened. Discovery was scheduled to close on November 6. The parties requested an extension of time from the TTAB (Trademark Trial and Appeal Board) to January 5. The reason given was that the parties were engaged in settlement discussions (which to my cynical self suggests that the parties probably had some form of settlement discussion, the lawyers were hoping that this would go away, but when it didn’t the parties had to actually had to examine each other’s representatives so they needed more time; so far, no notice of a settlement). The extension of time was granted, which was to be expected.

The end.

This entry was posted in stitch v. bitch, themes. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Search and replace

Because of an excess of spam, I’ve closed comments on this post. If you have a comment to leave please find another, more recent post in the stitch v bitch category and leave your comment there.

2. Toria says:

Ha! I just was poking around your patterns and recognized a sweater I knit from knitty- solely because I found it awesome that the author was a lawyer! So anyway, I’m really glad I prefaced my previous comment with “lowly” because I certainly don’t have any experience or insight that would be helpful to you!

I’m going to go back to work on my knitting so I can forget how dorky I just was!

(But anyway, the Judge I worked for was a big settlement pusher, so maybe others are too?)

3. Toria says:

As a lowly law student and former clerk for a federal judge, I have been privy to many settlement conferences and requests for extensions. (One very real possibility is the judge is pushing for settlement, that happens a lot.) This type of delay is par for the course. You can expect the whole debacle to be resolved approximately 3 years after you forget there was an argument. The only time things don’t take inordinately long is when its a criminal matter- and that only goes quickly because the constitution makes them.

4. Chris says:

LOL! *yawn*

5. Lola says:

Looks like at least one of the lawyer has a huge mortgage to pay off.